To pass the time between (casino) gaming trips, I’m playing SimCity. You built and run a city that can specialize in different areas. Having actually been to real life casinos, I figure I can rule this game. Here is what I’ve learned:
- A convention center helps bring in more tourists.
- Build some other tourist attractions, like the Sears tower or an Eifel tower.
- A disco in a high tower is a good idea.
- Criminals like casinos. You have to hire more police. Better yet, add a super hero base.
- You can’t build a casino in the middle of a field (really, Tunica, I don’t know how you made this work!)
- Be sure you have lots of shuttle buses.
- You have to have good roads leading to your casinos.
- It’s good to bring in tourists by boat and train.
- A comedy club will bring in more people.
- Random disasters will shut down your casinos.